Friday, May 14, 2010

Drivers

It has been hard to get used to driving here. I am so used to drivers in Korea ignoring the rules of the road that I am continually being surprised by drivers here obeying them. People actually stopping at the stop line at red lights. Drivers actually stopping for pedestrians!!! What the hell?!?!?!

I never understood the Korean aversion for stopping at crosswalks. Often they will drive right through while people are crossing. I always stopped for them in Korea. Often the driver behind me would get pissy and start blowing his horn. I would, as a friend so eloquently puts it, would signal them that they are Number 1 in sign language.

And there is a noticeable lack of horn blowing.

It is nice ... but kind of eerie. It will take some getting used too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment