Monday, May 24, 2010

Going for a drive.

Ahhhh ... today I did something I haven't done in a long time. I hopped in the car and just drove down the coast with no destination in mind.

It was damn hot today, and the last day of a three day weekend. When I was about 10 minutes into the trip you could feel the change in temperature as it cooled down a lot. The wind coming in off the ocean. The smell of salt in the air. Often mixed with the smell of fresh cut grass. My olfactory senses were in heaven.

The road heading out of town was fairly empty which was nice. Good thing I didn't want to stop at any of the beaches along the way as the parking lots were full.

An hour out and back. Then I barbecued up some chicken to go with a spinach salad for dinner. It was a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I teared up reading this. I wish I could do that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt that way many times in Korea.

    ReplyDelete