Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Life isn't fair.

Sometimes I feel like smacking people upside they head when they say "life isn't fair". No it isn't. Nor is it unfair. It is just life. Life is not some entity that decides to punish or reward us on some whim. It is just life and sometimes shit just happens.

It seems like people use it as a way to blame someone or something for when things go bad in their life. Or some kind of coping mechanism so they can deal with shit.

Talking with several people the past month or so about my dog's condition I was assailed with the phrase. He has cancer. It can happen to anyone, person or animal. I could walk out the door and get hit by a bus crossing the street. Fairness or unfairness has nothing to do with it. It is just life. Shit happens. Sometimes good shit, sometimes bad shit.

Why did my father get cancer and die? Life isn't fair. Why did I slip and fall? Life isn't fair. Why are people having trouble finding jobs? Life isn't fair. Why is my dick so big? Life isn't ... oops ... I mean life IS fair.

Squick me until my head is a whiffle ball if I ever start whining about life like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment