Sunday, May 29, 2011

What the ... classic game?!?!?

I was channel surfing and noticed that NHLTV shows classic hockey games. Now that was no surprise, in fact I expected they would show classic games. I guess I just have a different definition of what a classic game would be.

To me a classic game would be the older ones, or at least games that are over 20 years old. Kind of like how a classic car is a car 20+ years old. It would also be a game that was special for some reason, be it a record that was reached, a match up of players or teams at the time, or some similar criteria. Not NHLTV.

NHLTV has a bizarre idea of what a classic game is. They have been showing games from last year under the banner of classic games. What the kimch .... errr ... maple syrup?!?!?! A game that is a year old being labelled classic? That is a pretty huge stretch of the word classic.

I wish they would show classic games. REAL classic games. I was considering getting the NHL channel once the freebie ends but really it doesn't show anything special. I can get NHL On The Fly on YouTube or download it as a torrent. The games it shows as classics I can still find on torrent sites if I wanted to watch games from last year that really weren't that special. Why waste my money? Easy answer. I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment