Thursday, May 19, 2011

What the ... things you don't say 3?!?!?!?

I was walking the dog yesterday which is nothing new. We walk 3 times a day, sometimes 4. Lately we have been going for even longer walks. The tumour on his leg is getting bigger but it still doesn't inhibit him. He still has a good quality of life and until the tumour starts to ulcerate or he doesn't want to walk any more, life goes on. He is a happy dog and loved. But I digress.

We ended up running into a friend of my mom's on the way home last night. An older man, who saw the tumour and just felt he had to say

"The tumour is a lot bigger. I would have had him put down by now."

Why the fuck would you say something like that? Fine it is bigger than the last time you saw it but you have to say you would have the dog put down? Luckily, it isn't your decision. Here you have an old man, whose mobility is limited due to age and arthritis. A man who could kick off at any time and he feels he has to chime in and say he would have the dog put down. My reply

"Good thing you aren't my grandfather. I would have had you put down by now."

And we went home. I expect bitching from my mother but stand by what I said. Fucking mooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment