Friday, June 3, 2011

Whine and Cheese with the Bruins.

The intensity of the whining of Bruins fans after their loss on Wednesday is deafening. I get a kick out of the lengths they will go to blame their loss on anything but being outplayed. (And I gotta say it was only outplayed by a little bit. Both teams played well that night. )

One fan whined on Facebook saying

I would love to hear the leagues take on how someone is not given a penalty if you bite another player or punch someone directly in the face. Just a question for the NHL, I know Boston is playing and nobody wants to see them win, but it would be nice to at least give them an equal chance of making something happen...

Yeah. They should mete out punishment to anyone and everyone who put there hand in someone's face! Oh, and in between your sobs can you please tell me exactly how Bergeron's finger got INSIDE Burrows mouth?

and to say there is no conclusive evidence that burrows bite him, ahhh, all you have to do is watch the replay?????????????

I watched the replay. It could go either way. Burrow's may have bit but then again his face was being pushed around. If the officials believe it was a deliberate bite then he should be punished. At the same time, Bergeron should also be punished for hitting him the face.

Knowing the fan who is whining I just have to harken back to the Chara hit on Pacioretty and his take on that. He felt it was a good clean hit and that focusing on the picture of Chara guiding Pacioretty's face into the stanchion was unfair. The picture didn't show things in context and made it look deliberate. The picture wasn't ... conclusive evidence. Funny how he reacts when the shoe is on the other foot.

My reply to the Bruins fan is simple, a quote from Charles Pierce of the Boston Globe after the NHL did nothing to punish Chara.

There is one good thing to come out of the NHL's abdication of its duty to protect people like Max Pacioretty yesterday. That is -- the fans of the Boston Bruins now have lost forever any right to complain that "the league" is out to get their team, and that the Montreal Canadiens have some kind of pull inside the NHL home office. That Zdeno Chara got a complete pass on what he did obviates that talking point forever.

If he whined about bad officiating, against both teams, I would have had more sympathy for his view. There were some horrible calls both ways. In light of the Boston-Tampa Game 7 where the teams were allowed to play and NO penalties were called the officiating was bad in Game 1 of the finals.

Suck it up princess. The Bruins have a great team this year and I would be surprised if they didn't bounce back with a vengeance. Mind you, I am hoping the Canucks win. :)

Unlike the Fan, who is my niece's husband ;), I have no problem saying when a team I don't like is good. I am a Habs fan and have been since as far back as I can remember. I haven't liked Boston (the club) since Bobby Orr left. However, that doesn't mean I can't say they have a great team or that they outplayed Montreal. Only an idiot tries to deny reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment