Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cherry & Chili Chocolate

I am not a big sweet eater so I was surprised to be given a chocolate bar yesterday. It is a Lindt 70% Cacao bar. Inside is a cherry-chili and truffle filling. What can I say, I figured I would try it but expected to be disgusted to some degree.

Was I wrong. It wasn't the greatest thing I have ever tasted. But it wasn't that bad. You couldn't really taste the chili until the after taste hit. Then there just a little hint of heat. After trying a piece I knew that I had to expand the experience.

I brewed up some coffee to try it with. Chocolate and coffee can often go together . It was a beautiful mix. The only thing I could think of that would make it better would be a cigar. So, I took the coffee and chocolate outside and sparked up a Montecristo torpedo.

Man oh man they complemented each other. I often enjoy coffee and cigar. The flavours usually go well together. This time was even better. The strong flavours of the cigar and coffee mixed with the sweet of the chocolate and the subtle flavour of the cherry and chili. It was like a symphony in my mouth. Definitely something I will have to try again sometime.


No comments:

Post a Comment