Wednesday, June 5, 2013

John Carter

I grew up reading the John Carter books by Edgar Rice Burroughs.  (Along with Tarzan and most other works he produced.) I read the comics. Hell, I even played the strategy board game. So when I heard a movie came out I was excited. Life kept me busy and I never got to watch it until two nights ago.

I had heard the critics panned it. No one I knew had actually seen it. I figured what the hell. DL and watch it.

It wasn't that bad. It wasn't a great movie. It was disappointing in many ways. Yet it wasn't that bad. Not as bad a the critics made it out to be. My main problems with it;

It changed the initial book/story too much.

The Tharks didn't look muscular or tall enough.

The tattoos instead of armbands/jewelry.

Little things like that.

Overall, it is worth watching if you don't have anything to better to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment