Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Check Up Time Again

I had my annual check up yesterday. Had blood work done and all that good stuff. It isn't something I did before I went to South Korea but after the damage I did to myself I started it after getting home.

At one time I actually believed I would be dead or almost dead by now. Around 2007-08 I figured I had about 5 years left the way I was going. Strangely, that belief did not give me the impetus to change my lifestyle. I just didn't care.

I came back to Canada around 475 lbs with very high blood pressure and diabetes. Now, 3 years later, I wavering between 290 and 280. I am off of 2 pills I took for blood sugar with the remaining dose cut in half and down to 1/4 the dose for high blood pressure.

At one point in SoKo, around 2008 or 9, my doctor did a load of blood tests and found that my cholesterol was about 6-7 times higher than normal. Now it is not quite 2 times normal.

My doctor told me to keep doing whatever it is I am doing. It is working. I haven't been this healthy in a long time. Hell I haven't really been sick since I came home in 2010.

Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Good going, buddy!
    We want you around for a while, anyway.
    I myself have been losing weight since I came to China, about 10 pounds so far. I've been walking for at least a half hour every day, and I feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stig.

    Keep up the good work. Walking is a big reason why I was able to shed the pounds.

    ReplyDelete